Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX1851 - ANT column from NX11

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I'm preparing the upgrade from NX11 to NX1851 and I would like to know how to transfer ANT column from NX11 to NX1851. Starting from NX1847, ANT customization isn't saved on the Windows registry, so I don't have an idea of how to accomplish this.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

9 REPLIES 9

Re: NX1851 - ANT column from NX11

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi cubalibre, 

the settings are now stored in the UserPreferences.txt in the user directory (AppData/local/Siemens/NX1847 is the ootb default).

This file is a dump of the previously used registry entries. You will recognise the registry paths in there.

We are currently looking at two ways of editing this file:

1. Edit it directly
  2. Import to registry, edit and then export again

I would be very interested in finding a stable solution together.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Sebastian5050 ,

then there is not a solution at the moment, apart reconfigure my assembly navigator, part navigator, part filter navigator and operation navigator. After that, I've to say to all my colleagues (40), that they have to reconfigure all.

Good news.

My suggestion, on start the first time NX 1847 series, read eventually the presence of a previous registry and save those values in the new UserPreferences.txt. Remember that uninstall old NX, Microsoft doesn't remove registry, so you can find old registry information.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00 ,

When your standard UserPreferences.txt is ready someone from IT Dept can create .bat file to copy it or overwrite existing one at needed location on each PC.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Phenom
Phenom

@SamadhanGaikwad,

it's called user preferences. I can't replicate my customization for all colleagues, for respect to them.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom
@cubalibre00, yeah, you're right. I misunderstood. I thought some kind of common settings which are needed to or be followed by all.
Might be possible to extract registry settings from old NX and add them to user preference.txt by script for invidual users.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Phenom
Phenom

@SamadhanGaikwad,

the old registry is hexadecimal. It's a time consuming to read and replicate.

Anyway, I will custom again my navigators and ask to my collegues if they prefer to use my preferences to start or configure theyself.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom

is the above all true ?
( i do not yet have 1847 installed and no experience of it so far.)
If these settings have been moved out from the registry, the reason should be that so many of us have requested a method to apply a default setting when installing. The "registry way" is in my perspective a method for "single user setup" and not "large company".

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/1847/nx_help#uid:xid1633402
the name of the file "ColumnMemory.dlx" sounds as if it was involved in this , - Or ?

regards,
Tomas

Legend
Legend

It would be nice if there was a way to easily switch between multiple ANT column configurations.

Rob Newcomb, Design and Engineering manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r8 /WorkNC 2020.0
Testing:NX 1855
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

@cubalibre00 wrote:

the old registry is hexadecimal. It's a time consuming to read and replicate.

Since you're only interested in the ANT columns:

1) Export your NX 11 ANT Columns registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\11.0\General\ANT\Columns

2) Open the exported .reg file in Notepad ++ and copy the hexidecimal numbers.

I.e., everything following "Column Headers"=hex:

3) Using this binary translator , paste the copied hex numbers into the [HEX] text field and choose <DECODE>

4) Copy the resultant (encoded) content within the [TEXT] field

5) Open UserPreferences.txt in Notepad ++ and paste the copied [TEXT] content to replace the existing value for "Column Headers"=".

Regards, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration