cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(NX9) Any function like "Design Manager" in SE?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everybody. I'm new in NX and previously I worked with SE ST9.

I want to copy parts in same assembly model, which the parts place all  around our server. Does NX provide a function like "Design Manager" in SE to "Pack-and-go" all parts under the same assembly model?

Thanks.

Andrew

5 REPLIES

Re: (NX9) Any function like "Design Manager" in SE?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think the clone assembly command inside NX can make the job. You would need to select the assembly to be cloned, input a folder and create a naming rule (for example add an space as suffix that would keep the existing names)

Experimenter
Experimenter

I got it. Thanks.

BTW, it requires me to assign new file name for all individual files. Can it be the same as the original file name just like what SE did?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You can create a naming rule (space as prefix for example) so this rule apply to every component

Legend
Legend
I use UGzip to "pack and go"
It'll grab all the components and you can select to remove the paths, so when you extract it. it can dump everything in one folder

you can find it in the NXcustom utility
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Programming-Customization-Forum/NXcustom-Utilitie...
Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2017 r2
Testing:NX12 EAP
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro K2200 on Win10 Pro

Phenom
Phenom

You can go into the cloning section and select which components to keep original and which ones you want to clone. As mentioned already, you can also apply a pre-fix or suffix to the file names you want to "Clone".