Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9: Blend Pocket

Legend
Legend

Is anyone using this tool?

Reason I'm asking, is in NX9 it uses a Solid_Modeling license. In NX10. it uses the new Aero Design license.

I have an IR logged, but I'm not hopeful that anything will change.

New tools seem to require new licenses these days.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r8 /WorkNC 2019 r1
Testing:NX 1855
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro
6 REPLIES 6

Re: NX9: Blend Pocket

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I would thought that you would have gotten your answer in the following thread:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Discussion-Forum/NX10-0-Aero-Flange-Feature...

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Legend
Legend

So you  give a customer a new tool in one version, then take it away in the next version and say too bad, you have to upgrade your license to continue to use it.

Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Phenom
Phenom

This happens from time to time. I recall the sheet metal meta-form function going thru the same process several years back (5+).

I'd recommend that you take the issue up with VAR or Siemens PLM rep. You might be able to grandfather the function into your licensing without having to fully invest in the Aero Design Add-in.

Legend
Legend

Metaform is a function I lost a long time ago. Though to be honest I rarely used it. I never figured out how to use it effectively

IsoParametric trim/divide will be lost as well as they moved its replacement to a Studio License. But there are work arounds, Enlarge and or extract isoparametric curves then Trim.

It worked well on problematic imported surfaces

We have very old bundles, 2x UG10765 NX Adv Designer

Legend
Legend
The official word is if I want to use it in NX10 and beyond we well have to upgrade our bundles...

I cannot justify the increase in costs for this one tool, so I'll just put it on the list of what not to get used to.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You are probably not the only person who noticed and is confused. The Blend Pocket and Analyze Pocket tools were made available for NX 9 beta testing, but these functions would be licensed by a nx_aero_design" license function in the NX 9 release product. These 2 functions (along with several other new functions) were always planned to be delivered as part of the NX Aerospace Design Addon product being introduced in NX 10. It is unfortunate that this plan to deliver these functions as part of the aerospace design addon product was not communicated better. If you have anymore questions about this, please let me know. Id be happy to discuss this with you.