Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 - Custom Palettes

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is it possible to load custom palettes at startup?  I have a couple of .pax files that I would like our entire environment to load automatically.  We use Rob Cohon's customized setup.

12 REPLIES

Re: NX9 - Custom Palettes

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

When you say 'load' I assume you mean to 'make them avialable', not actually open the part files, correct?

If so, what I would do is add the .pax file and the templates to the 'Startup' folder in the UGII_SITE_DIR location.and then make sure that everyone's profile includes the environment variable pointing to this location.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Where do you intend these pallettes show up?

- Resource bar?

- Reuse library?

- ribbon?

- Somewhere else?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer
I would like them to show up on the Resource bar at startup. Basically saving me from having 25 users customize palettes and browsing to a location on the network to load them.

Pioneer
Pioneer
I tried to put the .pax files in the startup folder where our UGII_SITE_DIR is, but it did not work.

Yes, the intent is to make the palettes available. Basically, the equivalent of going to customize palettes and using the open palette option to load the .pax file.

(unless Siemens changed something "recently")...On Windows, the only way to "automatically" (and I use the term VERY loosely) set up resource bar tabs is by using the registry (.REG files or whatever).  Not sure the equivalent for unix based distributions.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks Ken for the reply. I will just go the route of posting the .pax files to the network and have users load them individually.

I forgot to say - this can be set up as a role (if users haven't developed personal layouts too much yet)

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

I created a macro which opens the pax file (to the resource bar), then created a .tbr with a button "load partslist template pallette".  ( We have several different partlists)

The tbr is in the startup so it loads automatically.

I then "only" need to inform the users to "use this button in this toolbar ",  - No directories and servernames , no explanation about paxfiles etc.
  The user only has to click that button once. The registry will store the setting.

Regards,

Tomas

Experimenter
Experimenter

I know this is an old thread but if you still have the macro could you share it?  I have a similiar issue and when I try to record a journal it doesn't record any of the steps. This would be an excellant way for us to deploy our site templates.

Thanks,

Eric