Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 Customized enviroment per user

Siemens Builder Siemens Builder
Siemens Builder

Hi,

a Customer that is bound to adquire an NX 9 license ask about how several users can access to NX with each custom envoroment (they refer to menus,bar,graphics such as bakground ,etc).

I suggest using different roles but I can not get background related to each user maintain.

Can I get from You any ideas or document to know how to customixe such envioroment?.

Thank in advanced for your help.

Regards.

2 REPLIES

Re: NX9 Customized enviroment per user

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

By default, user level customizations (i.e. button layout, etc.) are stored in UGII_USER_DIR.

Open the syslog (Menu -> Help -> [NX] Log file) and search for UGII_USER_DIR

If that doesn't show up, search for "user.mtx"

That will tell you what folder is being used for user-level customization (typically something like "C:\Users\(insert username here)\AppData\Local\Siemens\NX(insert nx version here)"

You might want to look (over in the programming & customization forum) for the (ex) Rob Cohon customized environments.  Lots of info in there about how to share (or not) your customized envirnment.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Re: NX9 Customized enviroment per user

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Background color is a characteristic of the part file, so if you're using any sort of template you'll need to edit them to change the background color.  Now if you always use the File -> New -> Blank option then you can change that in Customer Defaults at Gateway -> Visualization -> Background Color and you can set up custom Customer Defaults for each user.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA