Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NX9 Drafting Thread Display

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I still can't reproduce exactly what you're seeing.  Could you provide a simple model and Drawing so that I can look at what you're looking at?

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Experimenter
Experimenter

File attached.

Siemens Phenom

While I still can't explain why this is happening, I at least now know why I was not able to reporduce your problem prior to seeing your part file.

You're NOT using the Master Model approach when creating your Drawings!!!!!

If you had been following our recommendations and had been working in the Master Model mode, where the model and the Drawing are being created in different Part files this would have worked just fine.  That was what I was doing and that's why I never saw your problem, until now.

I went back and checked and this did seem to work correctly, whether you were working in Master Model mode or not, through NX 8.0.  However, in NX 8.5 and NX 9.0 you get the behavior that you've seen when working in a non-Master Model Drawing.  Note that I also checked NX 10.0 and it appears to be work OK there.

Now if you wish, you could still contact GTAC and ask them to open a PR against NX 9.0 but I suspect that nothing will be done for a couple of reasons.  First off, since this is only found when us NX in a manner that is not recommended, the PR could not be given a high priority and at this time, particularly since the issue appears to have been addressed in the current production version of NX, it would need a very high priority to be added to a MP (Maintenance Patch) since there are no more general MR's (Maintenance Release) planned for NX 9.0 and, as stated before, would never qualify as a critical PR which it would have to be to even be considered for an MP release.

Anyway, if nothing else, we discovered why I was not able to reproduce your problem until now.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Experimenter
Experimenter

Doesnt seem to matter if Master Model concept is followed or not. I thought it would be easier to demonstrate using the same model.  Here is the master model format.

Siemens Phenom

I don't know what to say, but I can't create a model that behaves as yours does.  You're going to have to take this to GTAC and have them give it to someone in development to look at because I can't see what the problem is.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Experimenter
Experimenter

I can not get Simplified-Full Arc Threads to show in section views. I have attached a couple of images of this issue. You will notice that the one I changed it to the Schematic style and it shows. But in the other Simplified-Full Arc they don't shown the dashed lines I would expect to see.