Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 Feature Parameter Callout

Builder
Builder

Hi All

I am working in NX9.0.3.4 drafting on a WIN7 machine and I have a tonn of issues. Regardless the most critical one:

Ho do I edit a Feature Parameter callout of a hole and add text in front/after.below/above of the callout like we used to in all previous releases of NX. for example i want to place "DRILL" dia9.0MM "THRU" once i double click the callout it gets highlighted in red and freezes up the callout. In order for me to proceed i ahve to close open the file or sometimes restart NX.

Now something like this happened once in NX 5 i remember can someone tell me is this another rpeated flaw or is this the way its suppose to work?

Thank you,

NX12.0.2.9 Win10 64bit, Tecnomatix PS V14.1.
10 REPLIES

Re: NX9 Feature Parameter Callout

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If an normal operation or interaction locks-up NX, please contact GTAC fo help be cause this is something that needs to be diagnosed as quickly as possible.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Builder
Builder

An IR has been submitted.

Peter

NX12.0.2.9 Win10 64bit, Tecnomatix PS V14.1.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

This might be old, but it's always annoyed me to see this happen. Is it solved the issue?

Dmardz
NX9.0.2.5
Win7 64-bit

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @Dmardz,

I do not know the exact issue, so I cannot look up the PR, but if you signature is still right you are on NX 9.0.2, withput any MP. There's a good chance this issue has been solved in NX 9.0.3 MP15 (latest MP). I would test this if I were you.

But maybe @pcsapai, can answer if he has know if the PR has been fixed or not, and in what version.

Kind regards,

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Dennis,

You are right, I'm still on 9.0.2.

I will ask supplier for an upgrade if this will improvise some benificial functions.

Thanks again.

Dmardz
NX9.0.2.5
Win7 64-bit

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

The Feature Parameter Hole Callout has been replaced with the Hole Callout (accessible from the Radial Dimension dialog).  Pre-NX9, double clicking the Feature Parameter Hole Callout opened an Edit Dimension dialog where the Text Editor could be invoked to enter appended text.
To accomplish this in NX9 (and newer releases), select "Edit > Annotation > Text", select the text to be appended and then select the "[A]" icon to open the Text Editor.  The problem where double clicking a legacy Feature Parameter callout caused the session to hang has been fixed.  Double clicking the callout now opens the Settings dialog.  Going forward, use the new Hole Callout dimension.

Regards, Ben

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@BenBroad  take a look at IR 7894604, regarding the retirement of "feature parameter".  For now, we need both

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

@DaveK,

The Feature Parameters functionality has not been removed (or replaced) and from what I've read there currently is no date set to retire the functionality.  The command can be added back to the menus/ribbon using "Tools > Customize".

Regards, Ben

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

We got concerned when we noticed the command was hidden, which usually means it's going away, yet we had a need for it.  That prompted my IR that I mentioned, because we needed both methods, until the hole callout gets updated.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10