Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 Hole callouts

Experimenter
Experimenter

When attempting to perform a hole callout in the drafting application, I am unable to selcet a hole. I have "use partial loading" unchecked in the "assembly load options" dialog box. Is there another setting that I need to change in oder to use the hole callout function?

Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: NX9 Hole callouts

cowski1 3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Might be a silly question, but was the hole created with the "hole" command?

If it was created by a different method (e.g. subtracting a cylinder) or if the body is unparameterized (e.g. an imported STEP file), the hole callout command will have no parameters to reference.

JohnRBaker 1st Gear
1st Gear

You might want to make sure that you did NOT use lightweight components.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes the hole was made using the hole feature (not just a cylyndrical extrusion). The check box for "use lightweight representations" is unchecked under the assembly load options dialog box. When trying to perform the hole callout, I recieve an error message that reads "Creating a hole callout requires feature data to be fully loaded". In the assembly load options settings, I have "use partial loading" unchecked. Is there another setting outside of this that I need to change, if so where?

Thanks for any help

JohnRBaker 1st Gear
1st Gear

Were the holes created as part of a Pattern Feature?  If so, try selecting the original 'hole' and not one of the 'instances'.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Experimenter
Experimenter

No the hole was not created as part of a pattern feature

JohnRBaker 1st Gear
1st Gear

I think your next stop is GTAC.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I had the same problem. It took me a while to figure it out. Right click on the drafting view that contains the hole callout and click on "update". For some reason NX does not auto update or mark the drawing as requiring an update.