Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 Hole callouts

Pioneer
Pioneer

Trying to show dual dimensions for a radial dimension > hole callout dimension.  NX 9.

Thanks

WIN 7 64-BIT
NX9.0.3.4
5 REPLIES

Re: NX9 Hole callouts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I'm not aware of any standard which supports dual-dimensions for Hole Callout annotations.

This topic was previously discussed somewhere (either here or on Eng-Tips) and no one was able to provide evidence that any Drafting standard actually supported this.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Legend
Legend

When I do drawings for the shop floor I tend to dual dimension everything.

Most of our equipment and hand tools are in inches and most but not all of our customers provide metric models. Most of our materials come in as inch also.

I dual dimension for them(as a company standard) to avoid conversion mistakes.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.1 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:nothing.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Siemens Phenom

Are you suggesting that if the deisgn intent was a clearance hole for a certain size fastener using a certain fit class, or a hole spcified using a letter or number sized drill or a threaded-hole, that you would honestly want to dual dimension these hole call-outs?  To what purpose?

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Legend
Legend

Actually, I would like a #7 drill size hole, 2 inches deep show up as Inch as I designed it that way with a hole feature in my model

as opposed to a 5,1 -50,8 DEEP callout.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.1 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:nothing.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Siemens Phenom

Actually if you go into Drafting Settings (AKA preferences) and go to...

Dimension -> Text -> Units

...and set the Units to 'Inches' you'll get an Imperial Call-Out.  Granted, it will read...

Hole_Call-Out.PNG

...rather than using the Drill number size, but it does give you the same result as if it had been an Imperial model and Drawing.

As for it not reporting the actual drill number/letter size perhaps you should contact GTAC and open an IR/PR to that effect.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA