Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 MCD crashing.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello

We are working on a project, where we are planning to use Beckhoff CX5120 softPLC to control a virtual model in NX 9 (9.0.1.3) via MCD. We don’t have the softPLC yet, but we are using virtual PLC TwinCat 3 OPC server to communicate with MCD. All should be OK with our OPC server (Kepware KepServerEX) and virtual PLC. In NX, MCD finds the tags which we have created in TwinCat. We have created the signal adapters and connected them with the tags. Every time we start the simulation in NX, it crashes in fatal error “c0000005.”

What might cause this error? Do you have any hints or some settings to take a look at?

original.png

7 REPLIES

Re: NX9 MCD crashing.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Mechatronics Concept Designer falls under the NX CAD umbrella. I'm not sure you will find any MCD expertise in this forum.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Product Engineering Software

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

Mark.Lamping@siemens.com

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Makro

I am from the NX MCD development team. we did not test TwinCat. we will test it later.

To debug your case, is it possible to send your test case(NX part and control model of TwinCat) and NX syslog file?

Thanks

Karen

Makro wrote:

Hello

We are working on a project, where we are planning to use Beckhoff CX5120 softPLC to control a virtual model in NX 9 (9.0.1.3) via MCD. We don’t have the softPLC yet, but we are using virtual PLC TwinCat 3 OPC server to communicate with MCD. All should be OK with our OPC server (Kepware KepServerEX) and virtual PLC. In NX, MCD finds the tags which we have created in TwinCat. We have created the signal adapters and connected them with the tags. Every time we start the simulation in NX, it crashes in fatal error “c0000005.”

What might cause this error? Do you have any hints or some settings to take a look at?

original.png

Makro wrote:

Hello

original.png

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the replies.
I sent a link to the files and the details to KarenShi by a private message.

Siemens Experimenter

Hi Makro

i cannot get the error information from the syslog. Is the TwinCAT OPC using DA2.0? NX9.0.1.3 is using OPC DA3.0, that might be the problem.

Can you please give details about how to setup the entire configuration of virtual PLC TwinCAT 3 OPC server? i need the same enviroment as yours to dig out the reason.

Regards,

Julu

Pioneer
Pioneer

You are right, it says on the Beckhoff website that twincat DA OPC configurator does not support OPC DA3.0, only 1.0 and 2.0. 

But we also tried gonfigurating Kepware KEPServerEx, and it should support 3.0 too. Still, NX9 does not find any server called "KEPServerEx"...?

gr.PNG

Siemens Experimenter

Hi Makro

i took a look at the KEPServerEX, the information in the registry looks different with other OPC servers, I will investigate this.

To work around, you can switch the Server Type to 'Remote' in NX9, and type your computer node name as the host name, it should be able to find that server.

Thanks.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey, NX 9 found the KEPServerEX by searching from the ''remote servers'' list, thank you.

The program no longer crashes in a fatal error, except when closing NX9 it says the same ''fatal error''. But that's not a problem.

So, I think we are using the KepServer in our project now.