Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9: Mirror Geometry

Legend
Legend

How can I use the Mirror Geometry command and have it keep the geometry on the same layers as the original? Short of manually changing layers and making multiple operations out of it.

With the old Transform - Mirror command you had the option.

I've re-enabled this option. but if theres a new tool to use I'd like to use it.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX12.0.1.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro
5 REPLIES

Re: NX9: Mirror Geometry

Legend
Legend

1400+ views and no suggestions?

Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Sounds like something you should contact GTAC with and have them open an ER (Enhancement Request) for.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Legend
Legend
This IR was converted into an enhancement request (ER) on 25-SEP-2015
and is now referenced as ER Number 7511261. It is OPEN for review at this time.

ironic, we have to do an enhancement request for a function that was removed.
Downstream users require certain geometry on specific layers. the "preferred" Mirror geometry tool makes it a lot more work to do so. I hope the legacy variable stays functional

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the world of Siemen's and NX.

Siemen's has always removed features and we have to ask for an ER for NX to work the way it used to.

Answers are usually it is fixed in the next release with no backport to what you are currently using.

Using NX8.5.3, fixes supoposedly in NX10.0

Legend
Legend

I've been using UG since v13. I load up every version so the learning curve is minmized to days instead of weeks or months.

The only thing holding me back on updating to latest and greatest upon release is waiting for our other softwares direct translators to catch up.

basically when they remove something, or move it to a different license code. they tell you to "pound sand". Or as they put it. It works as intended...

I still miss Flat Pattern, it got me close enough for a rough blank.  They moved that to Nx composite and/or Adv Sheetmetal. around 5 versions back. when is used to just require the Advanced Designer bundle( my ADVDES bundles are 16 years old now)

Iso parametric trim/divide is migrating to the Snip surface command. which requires a license I don't have. Granted I don't use it often. I did have another user who preferred it. He no longer works here so its not a problem for me anymore

They teased me with "blend pocket" in NX9, only to be moved to another license bundle in NX10.

At least they took the "to be retired" line off of Geometric properties.

Local Radius Analysis is the "preferred tool", but it requires a "click" to get the radius, geometric properties you can just hover over and get the radius

I do find new tools all the time that I never knew were available to me, Thanks to this community board and eng-tips board. so it's not all bad.