Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 TC10 symbol definition for reuse

Siemens Builder Siemens Builder
Siemens Builder

hi experts,

do You know how can I get 2d defined symbols in a drawing to reuse from other 2d drawings?

How could I put in Reuse Library in order to access from drawings to insert there (even drawings

that are not related?

And last questions.....how to manage reuse objects (as 2d section ,or 3d reuse object) in order to acces from

3d or 2d(drawing) files to reuse it in these files?

And are there any differences using in NX9 stand-alone or NX9 integrated TC10?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

4 REPLIES

Re: NX9 TC10 symbol definition for reuse

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

it's possible to create 2d symbols to put on a drawing from the reuse library.

If you have the library in place you can just drag and drop the symbols on the drawing.

For placing your own library from teamcenter you need to set a customer default that points to your symbol library (all symbols will be seperated parts)

example that is already in the defaults "Custom Symbols|infodba:NX Custom Symbols"

the part before "|" is the displayed name of the library after "|" you will get the user name of a user of teamcenter. and after that the folder in teamcenter in you home folder.

Here it is possible to share from 1 user the folder to all users NX sessions so that the look to the same folder.

Custom_Symbol_CD.PNG

When a symbol is created it will be a seperated part in Teamcenter. Here you can revise them and give them a status if needed.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Siemens Builder Siemens Builder
Siemens Builder
Thanks Ruud ...
your information is useful for me ...but I mean that I want generate a custom symbol in a Drawing file and the use same symbol in another drawings file that are not related to previos drawing that the symbol was created....
Is It possible?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @FidelM,

First define the library name,path in the customer default settings as shown.

symbol_lib.png

Defined library path will be available in the 'Reuse Library' once you are in the drafting application. Create the custom symbol using 'Define' command in the drafting application with appropriate folder selection from the reuse library. Take a look at the attached video, I have shown it using the native NX 9.

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @FidelM,

I want generate a custom symbol in a Drawing file and the use same symbol in another drawings file that are not related to previos drawing that the symbol was created....
Is It possible?

Yes, it's possible.  By default the "Define Custom Symbol" command only allows you to create and save custom symbols within the current part that it is defined.  To use the symbols in different drawings you need to create a folder on your OS (or a folder in Tc) and point to that folder in the NX Customer Defaults.  What is important to know is that you have to create a sub-folder beneath the one you point to in the Customer Defaults, into which your Custom Symbols need to be saved.  Once you have defined your libraries in the Customer Defaults they will appear in the Reuse Library under the "Custom Symbol Library" node.  @GaneshKadole's video walks you through this step by step assuming you have initially defined the library in your Customer Defaults.

Documentation:

And last questions.....how to manage reuse objects (as 2d section ,or 3d reuse object) in order to acces from

3d or 2d(drawing) files to reuse it in these files?

Documentation:

And are there any differences using in NX9 stand-alone or NX9 integrated TC10?

The Customer Defaults will have separate areas and/or checkboxes/radio buttons to define whether reuse objects are to be defined using Teamcenter libraries or on the OS.

Regards, Ben