Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming rule when exporting assemblies from TC

Genius
Genius

I wonder why sometimes the components are named with the item number followed by the revision letter and sometimes just with the item number. I would prefer it always name them with number+revision but I dont know how I can control it.

I find a problem if I export a number of assemblies to the same folder in windows. Because sometimes I export diferent revisions of the same item because in one assembly I use revision A and in other I use revision B (precise mode). But if they are named with the same name in windows I can have both in the same folder.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Naming rule when exporting assemblies from TC

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello @Javiduc,
You can define naming rule while exporting the assembly. I would suggest to add suffix for perticular revision.

Hope it helps.

Export assembly > Naming tab > Define naming Rule >Add prefix/suffix (Select rule as per your requirement)

Thanks,

Amol

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Javiduc,

There is a customer default setting to set the default revision rule to be used while exporting assembly outside teamcenter.

TCIN_Export_Rev_Setting.jpg

You can specify naming rule with 'Rename' by using string  "${DB_PART_NO}_${DB_PART_REV}" so that exported part will always have revision in name with respect to the revision rule used.

Genius
Genius

Thank you both!

The naming rule "${DB_PART_NO}_${DB_PART_REV}" worked perfectly.