Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! Detail of Station is missing in Strip Layout nevigator.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Helo i am new on Nx PDW. Atcually my problem is that i have done all prerequisist step properly from defining intermediat stage to  making Scrap design. When i  create strip layout , all stations detail and unprocess operation detail is missing in strip layout navigator. Any one please tell me how i can figure out this problem.Snap shot of my work.JPGScreen shot of my nx ..with missing details..

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Need Help! Detail of Station is missing in Strip Layout nevigator.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Who can help me?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @AaghaFarhan !

I have little experience on PDW, so this is a total guess, but did you properly install and configure the PDW database?

Otherwise, you may need to wait a bit until the work week gets started in the US... (I'll forward your query to the PM there).

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Have you checked the attached file in nx? I am asking because i am new in PDW may b i have done any mistake in creating blank layout or creaking scrap design etc....

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

@AaghaFarhan wrote:

When i create strip layout, all stations detail and unprocess operation detail is missing in strip layout navigator.

Usually when data is missing from the tool wizards it's because the data files have not been downloaded and installed.  The data file for NX 1847 Series Progressive Die Wizard can be found here (NX 11, NX 12 and NX 1872 Series each have their own Add-ons folder, so you'll have to browse to a different location to find their respective data files):

Screenshot - 8_5_2019 , 8_07_21 AM.png

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
@Ben
i have downloaded all files you mentioned. Also i have copied that folder in the NX root directory and added environmental veriable as guided in readme.txt file.
I repeat my problem here that after creating strip layout i got station no 1,2,3 etc in the main window but station detail doesn't displayed in the strip layout nevigator. You can simply understand by viewing the screen shot which i attached earliar with my post.. Thank you

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/Progressive-Die-Wizard-stations-were...

Some one other also had the problem and asked on the forum. But unfortunetely got no solution.....

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

What version of NX are you using?  For example, NX12.0.2 MP11.

I would need the full version including MP if applicable.  The NX1847 series does not have MP's, instead it is a new release version number.

Depending upon the release version you are using, it might be as simple as updating your version of NX from a Base Release (NX12.0.0.27) to a maintenance release (NX12.0.2.9).

If the software is running the current version of NX and the standard parts and supplementary software is installed, a call to your local support will be needed to investigate this further.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi AaghaFarhan, 

I'm currently facing the same problem as you. I cannot generate the stations with the strip layout. I've been trying all day with no results. I'm currently using NX 1847. 

I'll keep trying, if I manage to solve it I will tell you. 

Please update this post if you find a solution for the problem. 

Kind regards

Juan 

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Please contact your local support for further investigation into this issue.