Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help tying to borrow a NX License

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So I'm trying to figure out how to borrow a licence. I'm going into the Siemens PLM Software Licensing Tool....I click on what I want to borrow. Then when I go on my laptop I do not see anything in the Licensing Tool that I can borrow...what am I doing wrong here? How do I go from selecting what I want to borrow, to getting on my laptop and actually borrowing the license and havign it work?

7 REPLIES

Re: Need help tying to borrow a NX License

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It seems like you are describing borrowing a license on one computer then wishing it was actually borrowed an other. Is that what you are saying?  You need to borrow from the computer that you want to use.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Ok, well that helps me get in the right direction.

So I borrowed the NX license, and that works offline.

when I try to borrow the teamcenter vis Pro license, it does not work offline...any suggestions for this?

Siemens Phenom

If you think about it, checking out a Teamcenter license does not make sense since you need access to the server to be able to get your data. You need it to search, open find etc. If you have a setup where can access the Teamcenter server the you, in would think be able to access the license server as well.

If you need to take data with you and make sure no one changes it while you are "off-line" you can, while you are still in the office, export the data out of Teamcenter and have it checked out to you. Then when you return you can import the new data in and check it back in. The only this with this that you cannot access any data you do not take with you.

I am not sure what you can do about the Vis check out. 

Scott

Siemens Phenom

Tc Vis License borrowing is an add-on license that requires purchase.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I was just trying to borrow vis to use to open JT files

Siemens Phenom

You can use the free JT2GO to open JTs files when off the network. www.JT2GO.com

Larry Carpenter, P.E.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone!