Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Measurement Copy Measured Distance Decimals points

Phenom
Phenom

In NX 1847, when I take a measurement, I get a 4 place decimal.  For Example .1234.  When I copy this from the widget box, and paste into lets say excel, I get .1234000000000.

Now if I take the Decimal places out to 6 decimal places, the measure measurement reads .123456.  So When I copy and past this into Excel, I get .123456. 

I would like to get the real measurement when I copy this number, no matter on the number of decimal points displayed in the widget box.

thoughts on this?

Thanks

Shane

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: New Measurement Copy Measured Distance Decimals points

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

When I paste the value into Excel I see the same value that was copied from the widget in NX 1847, regardless of how many decimal places are shown.  I.e., 0.1234 remains 0.1234 when pasted in Excel, similarly 0.123456 remains 0.123456.  The only time I see the additional zero's in Excel is when I change the format of the cell to Number and adjust the decimal place.

Regards, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Phenom
Phenom

The extra Zero's I do not care, about, it is all about the decimal precision accuracy.  Yes NX copies what is in the "widget" exactly no more no less.  It needs to copy the systems precision, not the truncated decimal place value.    The number NX should copy to your clipboard should be the same number that I see in the information window.  No mater of decimal places that is displayed in the widget box.  This is my opinion, and my preference of course.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Didn't we address this in your other thread with the PR?

Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Phenom
Phenom

yes Sorry, My bad.  thanks for pointing this out.