Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New workstation

Legend
Legend

I was given a new workstation, My old one was almost 6 yrs old and I've forgottern where some settings are kept.

I use NX9custom so most of my GUI is the same, but things like the ANT colums and layout are not.

On the new machine I've installed NX9 and used my NX9custom shortcut to launch.

I've also installed NX10 and plan on setting up NX10custom when i get my current project completed.

When I migrate to NX10, is there a way to save all my NX9 settings,Gui and stuff and start out with that on NX10?

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX EAP
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro
4 REPLIES

Re: New workstation

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Do you still have access to the old PC?

Look where user.mtx is stored - most of the files you want are in that folder.

There might be some in the registry as well.

Maybe log in, start NX, save a role (to a network drive location) then use that role in the new PC.

You may want to define UGII_USER_DIR to a network drive - that way most of this get ported across workstations.

Note sure about upgrading.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Legend
Legend

Yes, I have access to the old machine. I can RDP into it for about a week so I can remember all the crap I need off of it, then I need to wipe it of non essential software and reconfigure it as a FlexLM, Vero license and Quickbooks DB server to replace an aging WindowXP box.

I wear lots of Hats, LOL.

Interesting Case design. It's a Rave computer "Cad Beast"

it was all those specs, except the vid card, I opted for a K2200 as the K5200 is overkill for my work.

20150727_163221.jpg

Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@R_Newcomb Those are my favourite types of machines! Free of all the junk doftware that comes with Dells etc

Legend
Legend

as much as I love a new computer, getting everything back where I want it is a PITA.

While theres no bloatware, I'm surpised 120gb of the SSD was in the WIndows folder. WIndows is the bloatware now