Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No constraint indicators when constraining sketch entities to datum planes?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Could you report the problem so we can study it and fix it if possible? Fixing this will prevent other users from going through the same process you went through.

Regards, **bleep**

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@DickBaardse wrote:

Hi,

Could you report the problem so we can study it and fix it if possible? Fixing this will prevent other users from going through the same process you went through.

Regards, **bleep**

See attached.  I simplified the assembly down to one part containing the datum planes and the offending sketch.  When you open the sketch, you'll see 6 lines on the left.  All have colinear constraints applied, but only 3 show the indicators.  Let me know what you find.

EDIT:

To clarify, I thought I would upload it here first before submitting it to GTAC in case it turns out to be something silly (which is quite possible).

Siemens Phenom

I do not exactly see how this happened but the constraints were hidden. Choosing MB3 --> Show on th eskethc feature in the PN fixes your issue.

Regards, **bleep**

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@DickBaardse wrote:

I do not exactly see how this happened but the constraints were hidden. Choosing MB3 --> Show on th eskethc feature in the PN fixes your issue.

Regards, **bleep**

Thanks bleep.  That worked.  But I have the same reaction you.  How did it get that way to start?  If it's normaly not possible to hide sketch constraints on single entites, doesn't that point to a bug?

Phenom
Phenom

Have you checked to see if the constraint is not visible because of the zoom amount? NX hides sketch constraints when you zoom out and they would be hard to see. To check to see if a constraint exists, zoom in. I find I cannot work without keeping the Sketch Relations Browser handy. It is buried inside the More gallery. I often add it to the Right Border bar so it is easier to get to.

It is handy the way SolidWorks works. They show a blob to indicate the presense of a constraint, but you have to click it to find out what it really is. So in SW they might clutter the display, but in NX you might miss that they are there. For me, this is why I like to keep Auto Created dimensions displayed. Whenever I see one, I know I am missing a constraint.

I think SW also always shows the constraints on a curve as you select it, kind of like as if Relations Browser was always turned on. You just have to be aware of what you are doing.

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom

Hi Mark,

You can add clutter to NX if you want. There is an option to make the constraint symbols not hide during zoom out: "Dynamic Sketch Display". It is a session setting.

Turn that off and you will see the complete pile of constraint symbols all the time.

Regards, **bleep**