Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No left hand thread designation?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

NX 9

Recently pointed out, that when using the Hole Callout in drafting, that there is no indicator for a left hand thread.

GTAC suggested an ER, if I could show a standard that supports this.  "ASME B1.1-2003 Unified Inch Screw Threads" does, in section 6.3.  Any other specs I should send them?

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
7 REPLIES

Re: No left hand thread designation?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I'm opening a PR covering this issue although I fully expect that it will be converted into an ER.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

The older "Thread" feature allows you to specify left or right hand thread, so it seems the new threaded hole is a bit of a regression.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There's no problem CREATING Left- or Right-hand threaded holes using NX 9.0 or for that matter, any version of NX, that's not the issue.  It's that the Hole Callout does not indicate that it's a Left- or Right-handed thread.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

John, I just heard back on my IR, and I now have the option to convert ot an ER.  I'd like to reference yours, if it's already in the system?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Unfortunately the system does currently not support automatically including LH/RH display format in the hole callout. A pssoible workaround is include LH/RH thread on a hole callout with appended text. Thank you for logging an ER. We will enhance the hole callout command to include this informaiton in the future.

Dave

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

2017 and still the same problem!?

Can someone explain why Simens PLM is not able to solve this issue in two years?

Im using NX 11

Best regards,

Nils

Phenom
Phenom

Here is the German Standards DIN 406-11 (1992-12) and DIN ISO 6410-1 (1993-12)

mf_DIN406-11.JPG

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW