Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node locked license with dongle?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have one NX license and am the only one that uses it.  NX is currently set up to use a floating license; however, I recently encountered an issue with it (while upgrading) that required almost 4 hours with tech support to resolve.  I'm now wondering whether a node locked license with a dongle would be a better (less error prone) way to go, especially since I'm the only one that uses NX.  I believe that is still an option. Any thoughts?  The issue still isn't fully resolved, but if this is a viable option, I may bring it up with my VAR. 

Thanks for any feedback on this!

Pat

3 REPLIES

Re: Node locked license with dongle?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I believe there would be a cost involved as you will need to convert the floating licence to a node locked license for it to work with a dongle. Plus need to order and have the dongle delivered.

Steve V

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @pmk3
When I was a freelance I had a NX13300 bundle server license, for your own reason I asked for a downgrade to a node locked license. I signed a lot of documents in which I committed to dismiss the old workstation with the previous CID, then I followed a procedure that your VAR or Siemens will tell you (I believe these are confidential informations) for a node locked license with a dongle.
I do not remember if I paid a fee for this.
Ciao

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for responses.  It turns out I was wrong about my license.  It's node locked, not floating, but still uses the FlexLM license server.  I talked to someone at GTAC about a dongle, and they recommended staying with what I had.  They said the license server was actually pretty reliable, and that the issue I was having was most likely something else.  And it turns out they were right.  Apparently the license file my VAR had provided had an expiration date (rather than being permanent) and was expired!  Once that was discovered, it was easily fixed.

Oh well.  At least it was an easy fix. Smiley Frustrated  Thanks again for the help.

Pat