Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Numeric expressions driven by attributes

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Sounds like you need to get your attribute mapping sorted. We used to create the model then click file -> New -> Drawing and create a referenced drawing, when we select a template from the list of drawing templates any attributes we wanted to pull from the model and even fro Teamcenter would populate the respective fields in the drawing border, for example the material attribute and the mass attribute that live in the part file would populate the repective fields in the drawing border.

cheers

Si

Pioneer
Pioneer

I will look into the attributes, but do you have a suggestion for the naming scheme for Teamcenter? If I already created a model for example ID "123456" and Name "Test Part", then I can't create a new drawing called the same thing.

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

In teamcenter, you will find that even though the model and the drawing are datasets under the same revision, the name of each of the files will be different. For example if you create a new model called A123.prt then when you create a new referenced drawing Teamcenter will use the same part number but append _dwg1 (or similar) similar to the end. e.g A123_dwg1. So even though there is a relationship in the form of a simple assembly between the model and the drawing and both datasets live under the same revision, the named references in each dataset will have unique names as defined by the suffix _dwg1.

Hope this helps.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I had my template border relation set to "Master" instead of "Specification". Once I changed this everything is working as I had hoped! Thank you for all your help!