Hello, there seems to be an issue where the numpad on the keyboard stops functioning within NX. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Start NX 11 native in Windows 10
2. Click New to create a new part
3. In the New File Name > Name box, enter some numbers with the numpad. Works fine.
4. Press Alt-Tab to switch to another window, like file explorer or notepad.
5. Press Alt-Tab again to swith back to NX. Again, enter some numbers in the same box with the numpad. Works fine.
6. Press Alt-Tab to switch to another window again.
7. Press Alt-Tab again to swith back to NX. Again, attempt to enter some numbers in the same box with the numpad. Nothing happens, the numpad has stopped functioning.
I've tested this using the On-Screen keyboard, and the same thing happens. Therefore the problem is not with the keyboard. The num keys on the main row work fine, though. And the numpad works fine with other programs. Does anyone else experience this?
I've had that issue in an earlier version of NX, maybe 7.5? I could never figure out what triggered the behavior though. I have not hit the right combo of keys in NX11, to trigger it, luckily
If you can reproduce it, I'd log an IR with GTAC.
Existing PR 9310638: "ALT+TAB locks NUMPAD" - reported against NX 11 and NX 12.
Contact your local GTAC office to be added to the PR if you want to be notified when this issue is fixed.
I commented earlier that I was also having this problem in NX 12. I discovered the solution though. Somehow in using alt+tab to go back and forth between windows, NX thinks the alt key is being held down. So when the number pad or the mouse wheel zoom stops working, simply hit alt and it should resolve the issue.