Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nx Drafting Base View-View Boundary option(Bound by objects)

Creator
Creator

Dear community,

I am here with a problem of making specified boundary for my base view.

What i did,i just oriented the view with datum using Orient tool option in base tool.after doing this only manual rectangle&automatic rectangle option only working.Bound by objects not working.

my intention is the view will update accordingly when i repostion datum and also the boundary has to update(lets say boundary value center rectangle (400 x 400).

Expecting quick answers,.,i am so stuck with this.

9 REPLIES

Re: Nx Drafting Base View-View Boundary option(Bound by objects)

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Arun11,

Well... per PR 2202562 it's by design that these options are greyed out.  The PR was closed as EN(hancement): "The problem where "Break Line/Detail" and "Round by Objects" options are greyed out would require an enhancement to address."

The reason they're greyed out is because you checked the "Associative Orientation" checkbox when using the Orient View Tool.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @BenBroad,

"Associative Orientation" checkbox when using the Orient View Tool, what benefit does ?

Can you describe en example when this associativity can be useful ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

If you've ever had to reposition geometry in 3D model space relative to absolute, and you've already created your views, you can associatively orient vectors in the view to specific geometry such that the view maintains the original orientation of the geometry in the view. Otherwise you would see the reorientated geometry in the view, possibly requiring the need to reposition and reassociate the dimensions. I suspect that the break line option is not valid because the geometry used to represent the breakline is typically a 2D representation in the view (in expanded mode) and becomes reorieintated in the view due to enabling this option.

Creator
Creator
Thanks for your reply Ben,if the current option is greyed out there should be another option to achieve it .If any such option available please let me know.
(Associative view + boundary by objects)

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @BenBroad,

I supposed for this and I agree you for the confirm, but if I reposition geometry in 3D model space relative to absolute, yes, the base view with the associative option set on, doesn't rotate, but projected view not.

Solution ?

Thank you...

Creator
Creator
Hi for your question.., I would like to answer .The views will rotate according to datum but not the boundaries(if we use manual boundary)

Good observation @cubalibre00, my testing should have been more thorough Smiley Happy.  I'd be curious to know if anyone has used it in the past, and for what purpose.

@Arun11, it appears that the only way you'll be able to use the Break Line or Bound by Objects options is to edit the view and uncheck the Associative Orientation option in the Orient View Tool.  Your view will remain aligned, it just wont update if the geometry moves in model space wrt absolute.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @BenBroad,

I've tried the associative option when we have unified parts born from different CAD or from modelled to imported from suppliers.

Base view remain, but projected view not, then we have abandoned this solution.

Thank you...

Creator
Creator
Thanks for your active replies @BenBroad @cubalibre00