Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Attribute Title/Value fails to export into STEP214

Builder
Builder

Exporting STEP214 allow to preserve Object name (Ex: Face name) into STEP geometries, but it doesn't translate object attribute information attached to the face. Is it any way to export attribute info along with geometry.

Thanks,
ECR

PradeepECR
NX7.5 TC8/ NX9.0.2.5 TC10.2
4 REPLIES

Re: Object Attribute Title/Value fails to export into STEP214

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I don't know how to pass Object Attributes but if it is referring to the object name, that should work. Select by filter the body or curve or... (not the parametric feature), then go to properties (or go to edit properties 1st) , the the General tab and name the object. see if that works.

Cord

Builder
Builder
Thanks for reply. As you mentioned I'm able to get entity names on STEP file. But I couldn't able to get entity attribute attached to that.
PradeepECR

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are "attributes" (by whatever name) even supported by the STEP specification?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Builder
Builder
Yes Ken. I have tried to export Curves/Edges/Bodies/Faces with names, it exported to STEP214 on NX10.

Here my intention is to get NX10 model to NX9 with Object Names with respective Attribute Title/Value.

It don't find any option which can export object attribute Title/Value along Object names.

So I'm planned to develop custom app which reads Object names & respective Attribute title/value from NX10 model are create (Mapping) text file & export STEP model.
In NX9 I will try to import STEP file and have second custom App to write back Attribute title/value back to entity using Objects names as handle.
PradeepECR