Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Supplied is of the wrong type (Error)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Has anyone seen these error pop ups before?

I get them when I change a feature at the detail level and the assembly uses that feature as a pattern reference for a component pattern at the assembly level. If I make the change of the detail while in the assembly (making the detail the work part) the error doesn't occur. If I change the detail with it as the displayed part and the assembly is loaded into session that is when the error occurs. If I modify the feature of the detail with it being the only loaded part the error doesn't occur and the assembly will open fine with no problem after the change is made.

Any ideas why this error happens?

Error1.png

Error2.png

4 REPLIES

Re: Object Supplied is of the wrong type (Error)

Phenom
Phenom

I reported this error to GTAC in January, 2015.

Try disabling Partial Load (Uncheck) in the open window and open the assembly. Do you still get this error?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When I allow it to fully load (Partial Load unchecked) the problem no longer occurs. So that appears to be the link to the glitch, the partial loading.

Did GTAC issue a response to your IR?

Thanks!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Corey,

It might be a case of wave link being created (or external reference) at the assembly part level itself (sorry since i do not have access to this part so i can only assume).

So for any glitch free modification at the part level i will too go with a FULL LOADING so that the references are properly updated. 

I would also suggest that if possible taking a wave reference from part to the assembly level can be avoided. Even if it needs to be taken it can be made non-associative.

My apologies if i have not understood your case correctly.

Best Regards

Kapil 

Phenom
Phenom

Recent e-mail I received;

GTAC:08/21/2015

Dear Customer, 

Reference: PR Number 7287051   Siemens PLM believes that the problem you reported where an assembly failed to load with "invalid object type" error messages, will be resolved by code changes made to the release of our product NX10.0.3 and NX11.0. 

The problem can be worked around by using the "Entire Part" Reference Set to load subassembly parts. This is an interim workaround until the user is able to install the software fix.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW