Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object attribute management in MoldWizard

Builder
Builder

How to use attribute management for same parts in A side and B side? Parts in side A have attribute MW_SIDE=A, parts in B side - MW_SIDE=B.

Some parts is on both side. How to solve? View manager does not work correct.

7 REPLIES

Re: Object attribute management in MoldWizard

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Use the "Object Attribute Management" dialog in MoldWizard.Be sure object type is set to part, not component. That's how you end up with both.

obj att mang.PNGoCapture.PNG

Builder
Builder

After use "View manager" and show only A side parts, NX show all parts with attribute MW_Side=A.

I have same parts on both side,and are show, when check "mold fixed half", this parts show, but belong to the B side. Another solution?

view manager.jpg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Using the dialog I posted above, you will need to change the attribute to side you want. Open the Object Attribute Management dialog , select the object that you want to change, and where it says value, click on it and you can change it.Then click the circled icon, and it will add/update that attribute to whatever you have selected. whatever you have selected.

Capture2.PNG

Builder
Builder

Once again. I have 4 same parts in assembly , 2 on A side and 2 on B side. In object attribute management, select attribute MW_Side=B and add to part.

mw1.jpg

In view manager hide A side an solution:

mw2.jpg

2 parts belong to A side is allways visible. After hide B side, all 4 parts is hidden.

Phenom
Phenom

There are some limitations: One component could have only one False body=one mounting option. Same way each could have only one location/parent assembly. E.g. Same screw has to have different filenames to be displayed accordingly. I’ve submitted ER on this.

So I think you have to use “Make Unique” and rename your components even they are same.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Builder
Builder

It is not a good solution for my bill of material. In my assembly is 26 types screw (but 50 files).I do not see which are the same (filename screw01, screw02, screw03, ...).Is possible implement size of screw in to filename, or name of component?

Phenom
Phenom

It’s how NX programed to work. If you don’t agree, you may submit your concerns and register some ERs as I did. May be they will consider it one day.

By RMB, a library component, it’s possible to edit it(filename=Screw01) to become any type of a screw. If File name is to contain the screw size, then there will be constant file creation happening. But I’ve seen this (file name designates by the screw size) working quite efficiently in other software.

So in NX, you have to see file attributes to find the screw properties.  

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW