Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing junk behavior - Is it from 12.0.1.7 or just NX?

Genius
Genius

The more I use 12.0.1.7, the more I see how bad it is.  I now just experienced a bizarre situation while making a pattern of a component.  Is this just another bug infested mess from 12.0.1.7 or is this something else?  I've never seen anything like this.  I'm just going to add a picture instead of trying to describe it.  More stupid NX crap.JPG

See how the pattern junks out in the middle?  What is that????  I use freeware softwares that act better than this.  I'll exit out of NX, restart my computer and see what happens next.  Again, were stuck with 12.0.1.7 till second quarter.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ongoing junk behavior - Is it from 12.0.1.7 or just NX?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

There is an option to edit the instance points in a pattern feature. With clock (and Variance) it's possible to achieve what you have shown. 

If you edit your pattern, are you able to see the same behaviour on the instance points as you have on your result? If so, are you able to unclock the instance points and thus have the expected outcome?

Below is a linear pattern of an extruded cylinder. All offsets and variants are handled by/within the pattern...

Pattern.PNG

Genius
Genius

Hello @LarsMEriksson ,  Thanks for the reply.  I fought the component pattern awhile and then eventually just did a usual NX tactic and did a work around.  I deleted the pattern and recreated it (just as I did the first time).  It worked this time, so I have no idea what happened.  I'll review the info from your reply if I see this type of thing happen again.  Thanks

Genius
Genius

In keeping up with the topic of "ongoing junk behavior", I added a few new components and then saved my work.  I went by what it looked like on-screen and didn't look at the constraint manager.  I should have known better.  I should have remembered that the components looking OK on screen have nothing to do with how the constraint manager is acting.  I looked at that and there were 530 (no exaggeration) red error icons now showing.  How can that really happen from adding a few components?  As someone else has stated on this forum, this type of software behavior is atrocious.  I saw someone else use that.  Seems appropriate for this time, too.  What a huge waste of time.  I use freewares that are better than this.  Now to play Sherlock Holmes and go through the clues to find the one or two constraints that are really the problem.  Or do I delete the 530 errors shown and rebuild?