Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Open previous dataset in NX

We use Teamcenter, which is saving 5 previous datasets.  I know how to get to the previous datasets in rich client Teamcenter, but was wondering if/how it can be done, thru the Teamcenter navigator in NX?  or some other way in NX?

-Dave
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10.1 | Windows 8.1
6 REPLIES

Re: Open previous dataset in NX

Dave:

You can open previous versions to NX from Tc using the "Open With..." menu, selecting NX as the app and version you want.

Hope that helps.

There is no way to access previous instances of a dataset from within NX, may be there is one with Active Workspace, but I don't have access to it.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 7.4, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0

Pretty sure you can't get from here... though this is something you shouldn't be having to do often.  What's your use case?  If you're constantly needing to go back to prior snapshots directly from NX you might look at minor revs or baselines.

It's not often it happens, I've just been creating "how to's" on various things, that we don't do often, to reduce head scratching.  During this, I started to wonder if you could do it right from NX.

-Dave

You are correct. This method is not done directly from NX, so this might not be what you are looking for.

I'm describing doing it from the MyTc UI, so it's not like a "rollback" from NX or even done via the NX UI.

But for what it's worth, this was taught to me when I visited a customer and we had to test modifications on production parts, then be able to roll them back to the originals for the end-users to get. Maybe it will help someone else.

I should also add that the customer told me that this worked when we used his Admin login, but that they'd turned off teh ablity to do this for end-users. So in your case, it might also be turned off, so you can't get to it (but it might also be that some Admin at your site could do this for you to "recover" your old version).

It's been a while since I've actually done it, but here is the text I used to describe to someone else a few months back:

The method the customer showed me was instead of using TcIN UI or standing on the Item and hitting the “Open in NX…” icon, to instead stand on the item and pick “File, Open_With…” in MyTc:

Open With...Open With...

Then pick “UGII V10-BASE” as the app:

UGII V10-BASEUGII V10-BASE

But before you hit OK, you can pick which Version you want to open. You just pick one of the older ones.

The latest changes has been Saved 4 times. Version 4 is the latest then, but I can pick 2 or 3 from this list to “go back in time”.

After Save again, it would be Version 5.

Pick older VersionPick older Version 

Then you Save, it because the latest one.

Sorry if this does not help your case here, but maybe this will help someone else in the future.

Pat

Thanks Pat, that has been the easiest way we have found.  Originally we started using this guide, even though we us NX:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/newsletter/Restore-a-previous-version...

-Dave