Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordinate Dimension - Margin faulty behavior

Genius
Genius

I just moved a view that had ordinate dimensions with it.  After moving the view, the margins for the view stayed in their original locations.  The upper dimensions are now way above the view and the lower dimension is now on top of the view - overlapping the geometry.  That's a new one.  Can someone please tell me what would be causing this behavior and if there's anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?  Any ideas of what's causing this (if I did something wrong) would be helpful, too.  Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Ordinate Dimension - Margin faulty behavior

Phenom
Phenom

After defining margins, you must have added Chamfers to the face. Somehow the margin references have lost their origins.

1. Double click any ordinate dimension
  2. Click on the dislodged margin origin point
  3. Out of two icons; Delete and “Redefine Margin”; Select “Redefine Margin”
  4. Place it in the new edge/corner
Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Re: Ordinate Dimension - Margin faulty behavior

Genius
Genius

Unfortunately, I didn't even change anything in the part.   It's a flat piece of sheet metal with some cut-outs that I had previously made.  I didn't do any other model changes - just decided the view needed to move down in the drawing to provide additional room.  I moved the view down and the margins messed up.  I do see how your comments about the chamfer would mess it up, though.