Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlap view

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I want to represent the open and closed configuration.

I've made two arrangements with two view overlapping.

Can the body be partial hidden ?

Attached image.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

5 REPLIES

Re: Overlap view

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If the parts that you wish to hide are Assembly Components, there is an option in Drafting to hide Components on a view-by-view basis.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Phenom
Phenom

Are two view in overlap position that represent open and closed situation.

The tube in the back view, I would like to be partial hidden.

The command you describe serve for hide component in the same view.

My case is a component partial hidden by compomponents in other view.

Thank you...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You may have to manually edit the 'curves' using the View Dependent Edit function.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I agree with John. Below is what I tried to come up with to help designers to not to over use View Dependent Edit, although a good option. See also a cumbersome operator called Render Sets.

Modifying Shown In View Techniques

Modifying Shown In Drawing View Techniques in NX
TechniqueDescriptionNote
Layers Visible in ViewLayers that show in a drawing view, not controlled by "Layer Settings"Good when there are Layer Standards. If the component drawing is using master model approach and components use layer standards, it will be easy to show different object in different views using Layers Visible in View. In an assembly drawing, to reduce maintenance, and avoid moving components to other layers, use Hide Component in View. To move a component object to another layer, use the Type Filter in the Class Selection menu. In a large assembly drawing, it is more consistent, with less issues to move objects to other layers in the assembly drawing.
View Dependent EditModify how individual objects are shown in a single viewGood for special local changes in the display of edged… hidden or line font style. The edits are objects. When a part is modified it can effect the edit so more maintenance will be required.
Hide / ShowTo control visibility of objects in the graphics windowOK for View Dependent Objects when expected (try moving to layer not shown in view instead). Not good for controlling Non-View Dependent (Model View) Objects or to control what is shown in individual views.
Hide/Show Components in ViewLets you remove the display of components from an existing drafting view.Good when you need to Hide a full component from a view.
Align View - OverlayAlign existing drafting views to each other. One option is OverlayOverly is good when you have items and view style in one view then overlay with a view showing other object and view style. An example is to mimic a see through lens and overlay with a view that does not show the lens.
Render SetsRender Sets allow you to apply unique hidden and visible line display characteristics to individual solids or componentsGood when you need to change the unique hidden and visible line display characteristics of one or more solids or components, as if seeing through an assembly to highlight a component. Not good for mimicking see-through lenses where something opaque is shown in the foreground.   At this version, requires higher learning curve.
Cord
Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Cord,

thank you for the possible solutions, but what I need, can't be done because I'm using arrangement to mimic open and close movement, but a component in a view is partial hidden by component in other view.

Thank you...