Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override position

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I've some questions/doubts on the override position.

1. If I override a component of an assembly, only the degree of freedom of this component will be available on the main assembly or also all degree of freedom of all subcomponents will be available on the main assembly?
  2. When I override position a component, the father assembly that was partially constrained show only one mate called 'Bond'. How to discover which constraints are related to this assembly? 

2018-06-14_15-52-04.png

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

3 REPLIES

Re: Override position

Genius
Genius

If I'm not mistaken, if you override a component in a subassembly, the degrees of freedom of the component alone will be available, not the whole assembly.

To quickly check which component has an override active, turn on the position column in your assembly navigator. An overridden component is displayed with a green arrow within this column.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @hajnal_25,

thank you for your response. For your second answer, maybe I wasn't clear.

An example is :

1) I have a hydraulic cylinder that I mate with one touch and one touch in the axis in one hole of the hydraulic cylinder.

2) I make the override position of the rod and I mate the rod

If I touch the sub-assembly hydraulic cylinder I see only one mate called 'Bond'. How to discover rapidly which constraints are related to this assembly?

Remember that not always assembly are mated always from yourself....we work in a big company and understand how the assembly is mated, it's very important.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Genius
Genius

I'm not sure if there is a way to rapidly see which constraints are directly dependent on each other.

What I do is group my constraints in the Constraint Navigator by Components, select a component (use the find in navigator option if you have a very large assembly), expand and see all constraints that belong to this component and then expand the constraint to see between which two components it is:

const_nav.png

It's not the direct connection you may have wanted but it helps identify what is connected to what when you have tons of constraints.