Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMI Coordinate Note

Phenom
Phenom

NX 9

We are trying to use the PMI "coordinate note", and we can get it to display the X, Y, and Z, but how do you get it to show the I, J, and K vector values?

I'm selecting the Tracking point, as the point, and I'd like to have the vector direction of the hole (or whatever) defined too.

Operator error I'm sure, but the help files aren't helping Smiley Happy

-Dave

CoordinateNote.jpg

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
3 REPLIES

Re: PMI Coordinate Note

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Currently, the I, J, and K options are only supported for PMI coordinate objects which are migrated from an I-deas part. Please consider filing an enhancement request if you require this support for NX objects.

Phenom
Phenom

ER it is then, thanks.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Note that with the NX 10.0 Help files for this function, a caveat was added covering the fact that the I,J,K vector options are only there to accomadate PMI objects migrated from Ideas.

Note that I was asked to open a PR requesting that the dialog be changed to better indicate that the the I,J,K vector data was not supported for new PMI objects, at least until we can enhance it to include the ability to reference not only a point, but an optional 'vector', which I you included that requirement in your ER.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA