Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMI in Assembly Model

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter
I am not a NX guy, but just trying to prepare some PMI for a Active Workspace demo. My mode of PMI creation is NX 10. I successfully created PMI, but it seems to be associated with components and not the Assembly itself. (Trying to use Active Workspace to display PMI, and none is displayed in Assembly view) When I look at Lifecycle viewer I see a check mark for PMI on components. How do I modify or create PMI so that it is associated with Assembly, not components? Lindy
8 REPLIES

Re: PMI in Assembly Model

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Try going into the PMI filters settings in the viewer. Toggle them on and off.  See if they show up then.  Getting this PMI to show up in viewer seems a little bit tricky to me. 

The actual viewer I want to use is in Active Workspace which does not seem to have a filtering mechanism.  Is there a method to associate PMI with Assembly verses a child inside of NX????

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello! 

You can display component-level PMI within your assembly part by means of PMI assembly filters.

Please note: These instances cannot be reused by downstream applications.  If you need to create associative copies of component-level PMI in your assembly, you must create WAVE linked PMI. 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

PMI is created and displayed in the current working model. If you created the PMI in a component part of the assembly, you will need to use PMI assembly filters to display the component-level PMI in the context of the assembly (as stated in the previous comment). Or Wave-link the PMI into your assembly part.

But if the PMI is actually meant to be in the assembly model, then make sure the assembly model is your current work part before you start creating the PMI. Then the PMI will reside in the assembly part, and will be visible when you open or translate the assembly.

Looks like my issue is with Active Workspace, not NX PMI.  Found this note in AW documentation.
NOTE: You cannot view PMI for an assembly opened from search results. However you can view PMI for a component (part) opened from search
Although I am also curious if PMI, in an assembly, can be viewed in Teamcenter Lifecycle Visualization???
Lindy

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
If you're referring to PMI created at the assembly level itself, you may have to set the variable UGII_GENERATE_MULTI_CAD_JT=1 to generate sidecar JT's for the assembly in Teamcenter. Once you have an assembly level JT's, your assembly PMI will display in embedded and standalone Tc Vis and you will be able to toggle between PMI at the assembly level and/or PMI at the component level.

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Ben! I hope you can help me with this subject. I set the variable, made all the PMI in assembly level, but nothing is displayed on Tc Vis. It seems the JT's are saved without data. Apart from setting the variable, is there any other option I should check on Teamcenter or NX? Actually I was able to see it once, but something happened and it disappeared, both assembly model and assembly PMI. I can only see them trough structure manager, but it's not a very user friendly path. Any ideas? Best regards!

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Fletcher_Silva,

When viewing the assembly structure in the Assembly page of Lifecycle Viewer, right click on the nodes in the Assembly and you'll see two options; Show PMI and Toggle in PMI Tree:

Screenshot - 7_5_2017 , 2_36_28 PM.png

Show PMI should show all of the PMI in the currently displayed view and turn on a "Has PMI" column in the Assembly page.  Toggle PMI Tree should load the PMI structure on the PMI Page so that you can show/hide the various PMI throughout the entire structure using the checkboxes:

Screenshot - 7_5_2017 , 2_37_41 PM.png

Regards, Ben