Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROCESSOR FOR NX11

Creator
Creator

I wonder if is true that NX11 required an specific processor to run, i looked in the system specification and don`t mention anything about it, my company go to update to this version and possibly we must buy new

PC´s for that reason.

5 REPLIES

Re: PROCESSOR FOR NX11

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

While the NX11 System Requirement guidelines do discuss Processor Performance, SMP and Multi-Core, there is nothing that suggests that a specific processor is required.  I'd be interested to know where you got that information.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think the new requirement is SSSE3 instructions support. You need a intel Core 2 or a AMD bobcat any processor older than than won't run NX11 but this are quite old processor, it is not likely to still work with older machines.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Javiduc

That information can be found in the Hardware Certification tables.  The last tab on the spreadsheet "Caveats" explains that older x64 processors are not supported: "Older Intel and AMD processors that do not support SSSE3 instructions are not supported by NX11. NX tests the instruction set and raises an error on older processors. These instructions were introduced in 2006 and pervasive by 2008".

Regards, Ben

Legend
Legend

I tried to install NX11 on my personal laptop. I've run 9 and 10 on it no problem. Sometimes I've had to take my job into the woods...

NX11 installs but wont run. Says unsupported processor

It's an AMD Phenon II 850

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX12.0.1.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Experimenter
Experimenter

According to Wikipedia the Phenom II does NOT support SSSE3, just SSE3/PNI