Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parasolid and names of the components

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello!

I have a queation about names of the components in a parasolid file. If a parasolid file is opened with File/Open command, the assembly structure is created. Each solid body is added to its own file/component. The name of the component is also the same as it is the name of the solid body. With only one small difference.

If the solid body was named 'Test', the component comming from a parasolid file will have name 'Test_id6_x_t'.

Is it possible to set the naming of the components so, that there would be no _id6_x_t? So, that the name of the component would be exactly the same as it was the name of the solid body.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Parasolid and names of the components

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Did you get the solution for it? I am also trying this, Got a journal which retains the names of all child parts in the assembly but with suffix like 'id6_x_t'. When I tried to rename the child part and remove the suffix  (id6_x_t), In proprties it gets changed but in ASN nothing is reflecting. Smiley Sad

Regards,
Ganesh

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

No, I didn't get the solution for this. But since it was not a top priority for me, I didn't look for this issue anymore.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I know that the external translators skips the suffix.

For parasolid i don't know how to remove the suffix when importing.
But i think that this is hard coded in the software for parasolid based files.
when you preform the import and the look into the log file you see that NX is calling a lot of .dll files before renaming the part with the suffix _X_T

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions