Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parasolid with Wireframe?

Legend
Legend

I received a Parasolid file from a customer that had wireframe in it? 

Is there a way for NX to export wireframe and points along with solids and surfaces to X_T files?

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX EAP
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro
3 REPLIES

Re: Parasolid with Wireframe?

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
AFAIK, NX doesn't export anything other than solid bodies and sheet bodies when exporting Parasolid data.

When you say 'wireframe', did NX identify the imported Parasolid geometry as lines/arc/splines?

Regards, Ben

Legend
Legend

The file was from Visi. I opened it in my viewer and notice the curves. 

So I opened it in NX, using File->Open X_T and NX 11 imported the curves as well.  ( as lines, arcs and splines)

Our Laser Dept uses a Parasolid based offline programming software. So my process is to send an X_T file with surfaces and solids and an Igs file for supporting wireframe trim and points.  ( we don't have a step translator for it)

Being able to export Wirefame (curves and points) in NX would be amazing...

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX EAP
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
As far as i know it, or think i know it...
Parasolid also has curves in it's tool set.
- A software company who licenses Parasolid to build some application on it can use those curves.
But, NX does not use this tool set for curves , NX has it's own curves .
This might be the reason for the non-export.

Regards,
Tomas