Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Family Library loading options

Creator
Creator

Hello NX Design Community

I have a problem with the loading of part families.

we create some parts to part families, and we insert them inside a common library inside the server.

When i try to open an assembly that someone else created on a different pc, which contains some parts from that library,

even if we have the same library loaded (from the server) the parts which are inserted by the part families don't load.

we only be able to open parts that are created by scratch in the assembly folder using the load options(search from folder).

Note i dont have t.c

Can you tell me a way to fix the problem, it's very important cause we use a lot of parts from the library (unions, seals ,check valves etc etc)

Best Regards,

Nicos Paraskeva
Project Engineer

8 REPLIES

Re: Part Family Library loading options

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Nicos,

Is the common library you are referring to also the Family Save Directory for the part families you are creating?

Best Regards

Kapil

Creator
Creator

No the save directory is different , the library is on the server, and the parts are sort out by folders depending the usage or the type, the main folder which contains the sub-folders its located inside the companies server ,

Imagine A Folder which contains lots of sub folders packed with part families,

The save directory is on the hard drive on each pc

My solution was to create a folder in the library and put the save directory path to that folder, in the long run, every pc that creates something is going to save there and in the end every pc can choose from search folder and pick that folder.

That's is my thought I'm new to nx so i try my best .

Thank you for your Help

Best Regards

Nikos Paraskeva

Siemens Phenom

Hi Nikos,

You can search for the FAMILY SAVE DIRECTORY (for the other user) and then look out for the family parts (generated by the other user). Copy them and bring them to your local folder where this assembly exists and then try opening the assembly (folder option should do the trick but i am not very sure). Does the issue still persist?

Best Regards

Kapil

Creator
Creator

I cannot search the save directory of other user, cause is located on the hard drive of each user, that's why i moved the directory path to save on the server so everyone can search that folder, that's the problem with native mode i guess.

Thank you for the help

Best regards

Nikos Paraskeva

Siemens Phenom

Hi Nikos,

Yes that is indeed one of the major drawback. I have faced the same ordeal in past.

Might be experts can come up with some other best practise or a solution.

Best Regards

Kapil

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the help kapilsharma, let's hope it will be fixed in some point.

Best regards

Nikos Paraskeva

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I would set the save directory to be a folder on the server.

Then set up load options "Search folders" to search that tree (although if extensive this may slow down loading a bit, as it has to search everywhere in that tree until it finds each part)

Note you can "pre-create" all the part family members in that tree, so users don't have to create them on the fly.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator

Is the only think that works for us, until we get t.c in the meantime its possible to work with the current suggestion.

Thank you for your response

Best Regards.

Nikos Paraskeva