Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Family

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am trying to create a Part Family. I either am doing something wrong or possibly my version of Excel isn't compatible. I have attached a part file. I would appreciate it if someone could look at it and give me some suggestions.

13 REPLIES

Re: Part Family

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@SR what problem are you facing exactly? Could you please describe it or record the video of the same and upload here.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I tried to add a video. for some reason I am getting an error, maybe its to long and its timming out. can I send it to you email? I tried to show that when I am done with the Part Family function that I hit OK and then I try the Spreadsheet function and it comes up blank. Then I go back into the Family Table function and hit Edit Spread sheet, thats where I get those errors. So then I go back into the Spreadsheet function and add everything manually, but it still doesnt work. Instead of having you watch me manually edit the spread sheet I pulled up a part that already had the spreadsheet manually done.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I made several attempts at different sized videos but I just can't get one to upload. So here is the part file. I go to Family Table function and add the collumns. I hit ok and then go into Spreadsheet function, but it comes up blank. So I go back into Family Table function and try EDIT spreadsheet. It also comes up blank. I wait for a long time and nothing happens. Then I move the mouse off to the side of spreadsheet and it closes. Then I get error messages. Then I try going back into the Spreadsheet function and fill out the spreadsheet manually. It still didn't work.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)
Success, I went to a different wifi network and was able to load the video.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

(view in My Videos)
This one is for backup, I wasn't sure the last one uploaded

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

(view in My Videos)
last try

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Unable to view videos uploaded by you.

You can attach the error snaps to the post here.

To have a clear understanding, take a look at this youtube video Part Family.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

What EXACT versions of NX (including MR and MP) and EXCEL are you trying to use?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I realize NX Ver 10.0 isn't enough. Where do I find the Info you want. See attached for Excel.