Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Module in TC

Phenom
Phenom

Hello to all,
in our company I have completed a project using the 'part module'; without it I would not be able to do what I had in my mind.
I did the project in native mode, now I have to transfer everything in TC.
Do any of you have experience on this?

Tanks, grazie e ciao

Cesare

4 REPLIES

Re: Part Module in TC

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
I tried importing a part module with a linked body. While it imported the linked part, choosing "Display Linked Part" returned "File not found" (I could be doing something wrong). Are you getting similar results?
If I merged the modules before importing the part into Teamcenter I was able to create new linked parts in the database once the part was imported.

Phenom
Phenom

Thank you for your reply,

I imported the part with the  'IMPORT ASSEMBLY' command in TC.

Even if the part is not an assembly (as structure is concerned), TC asks me for the other parts. Everything seems to work bat when I open the master part I get the message '........invalid path'.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Cesare,

I've tried this again, twice.  Once with the original assembly I tested and also with a new assembly.  This time they both imported without any problems (using NX11.0.1 and Tc11.2.3).  I'm not certain why my original import failed.

If you're finding that your invalid part warning is consistent, please report this issue to GTAC so that they can forward your data on to development to review your use case.

Thanks, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

I solved the problem with the help of GTAC.

The import in TC works great, you must check the 'right buttons' and these are shown in the attached image.

Ciao

Cesare