Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Navigator History Pollution: Sketch Plane Vaporization

Experimenter
Experimenter

In order to reduce history pollution, which an almost unbearable headache, I would prefer to vaporize stuff in there that I needed briefly but will never really need again.  In the case of making a sketch, I'll set up a plane to orient the sketch plane to and then delete that plane.  Unfortunately every time I make a change to that sketch, I get this error "Warning: Unable to reference parent objects that are deleted."  It still lets me go on, but super irritating.

Any way I can remove parameters of a sketch? 

5 REPLIES

Re: Part Navigator History Pollution: Sketch Plane Vaporization

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Just a thought if you wish to do away with the cluttering on the Part Navigator ...can you consider using Groups instead of removing parameters?

If you still insist to remove parameters from sketch then use a composite curve (non-associative with the sketch) and use these unparameteric curves for further operations.

Regards

Kapil

Phenom
Phenom

There is also the option 'make datum internal'.

It is clear that if you remove the 'building foundation' NX warns you.

Any other CAD wouldn't allow you to do it!!!!

Ciao

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Calipers wrote:

In order to reduce history pollution, which an almost unbearable headache...

You need help.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is something strange about your post... I fear there is not a simple answer. It reads to us like you are either lost or you are in an extremely strange workflow.

You mention history pollution and your solution is to just delete history.

If you do not care about history, one of the solutions would be to close the part navigator and never look at it again.

If you do not like seeing certain types of features, then you can filter the part navigator display and hide certain types.

You could also move the WCS and sketch on the XC-YC plane, there will not be a CSYS in your part then.

You can define the CSYS inside the create sketch dialog.

There are many options... I just fail to understand what your real problem is. More info would be useful.

Regards, **bleep**

Experimenter
Experimenter

A typical surface model for me will have 1500 surfaces, each surface taking 3 or 4 features to generate.  Back in the day, with I-DEAS, I would delete my history tree every 500 or so nodes to keep the model manageable.  

I do use groups to hide the trash and non-associative curvers wherever I can.  That does help.  And of course I remove paremeters frequently.

Anyhow, I punted.  I made the datums external to the error-ridden sketches and the errors go away, but it just puts a datum feature in place of where my deleted surface feature was, so this pollution for that.

Thanks for the help.