Has anyone else had this problem? For months, I've been able to work with part families, create new parts from the part families and modify/update parts. Everything seemed to be working smoothly until I recently hit the "Edit Spreadsheet" button in the Part Families pop-up window and get a message stating "Failed to connect to Excel events".
I don't think any changes have been made to NX or any other system settings and I have no idea why this doesn't work. All I know is that now I can't work with the part families. Does anyone have any recommendations? I can work in Excel for other tasks, but I can't get to it from NX.
Is there a way to work in the part families to create new parts and update existing parts without using Excel? Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
That worked! I've been fighting this for a few days now and you solved it with one reply. Thanks for the information and the detailed response. Much appreciated! (I will be sharing this info with our helpdesk.) )
As i am also facing the same issue , i am not to create part families , getting an error as "error recovery completed for the following error:Internal error" onces i hit Create option.
I Also checked with UG add in , it is active under the Add-Ins of Excel options , still i am not able to create part families
So is this something where you can help ?
For your Excel version - is it the 32 or 64 bit version? (only NX12.something supports 64 bit Excel)
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled
Hello, After doing the recommended fix, I was able to work with part families for quite awhile. Unfortunately, one day it just quit and I couldn't access Excel anymore or work with the part families. I tried the fix, again, but it didn't work. I had to contact Siemens GTAC support and here's what was recommended. This fix worked for me.
1. If Foxit PDf Reader is installed:
- Uninstall Foxit.
2. Ensure that the Ug Add-in is listed and checked in Excel (and not disabled).
1) Excel: File > Options > Add-Ins
Ug should be listed.
2) Manage: Excel Add-ins > Go
Ug add-in should be checked.
3. Ensure that the path for Ug.xla is added to the Excel Trust Center Settings.
1) Excel: File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings
2) If path to Ug.xla is not listed:
Select "Add new location... > Browse" and browse to the NX install directory that contains the
ug.xla (e.g., C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\UGII) > OK > OK > OK > Exit Excel
4. Restart NX, create a new part and select Menu > Tools > Spreadsheet
5. Confirm that Excel now starts.
6. (Optional) Reinstall Foxit but ensure the Excel plugin is UNCHECKED so it does not conflict with the UG Add-in