Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part history interogation

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

We use Teamcenter with NX.

Currently we have an assembly, which was revised from 01 to 02.  The 02 only has two components, making the assembly VERY incomplete.  When I look at the Information, Part, History or Par Modifications, I don't see any info on when the components were removed.

Is this type of info not considered a modification? or am I not looking in the right area?

Our goal is to find out the who, what, and why, and maybe explain why this was not a good practice, to the user(s).

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
4 REPLIES

Re: Part history interogation

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Part history only records who saved what, when & with what version of NX.

It saves nothing about what the user did.

Native mode, you pretty much stuck.

In Teamcenter, note there are different versions of the dataset (";n") available (note versions are NOT the same thing as revisions)

Also in TC, if you have bi-direction sync turned on, you can edit the assembly structure (removing/adding components, etc.) in the PSE (or whatever it is called in TC11) and when the assembly is open in NX, those components get removed/added as well.  So potentially no one did anything in NX, it could be the PSE got edited in TC (or got corrupt somehow) and now your assembly reflects that change.  You could try turning off the "update on load" customer default (assuming you haven't saved the part in its "bad" state, to the point that all the versions are bad) and see if the NX assembly is better.  If this works, add a component (anything, no need to constrain or whatever) and save, which will update the PSE (don't forget to remove that component & save again) (note just saving, without altering the assembly structure, will NOT update the PSE)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Gears Phenom

That's part of the issue, I don't know how many saves ago, this happened.  I guess I could go back to the earliest version, for this revision, and see what state that is in.

My suspicion, knowing our users, it was done in NX, since Tc intimidates most....grantedd, it could have happend accidentally in Tc easier, due to lack of knowledge.

-Dave

Gears Phenom

Looking at the versions, and working my way back thru time, I found the culprit.  Luckily only a couple saves had been made, so the evidence still existed.

Now, how do I break it to my manager that he did it....

-Dave

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
It looks like only added parts are considered a "part modification". Oddly enough, removing them is not recorded...