Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part missing from parts list

Creator
Creator

I have created a parts list but one part of the assembly is missing from the list.  The drawing was created in the assembly file, not as a separate file.  I am using NX 10 not integrated with Teamcenter.  fI tried editing the parts list table (RMB table > Edit Levels) and adding the missing part by selecting it in the assembly tree but it didn't work. Does anybody know why this would happen?

6 REPLIES

Re: Part missing from parts list

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

Just a wild guess;

the file that is missing in the list, does it hold an empty part property that you use for ordering the table content?

It happens to me too that a file is missing in the list because of empty part properties that are used for ordering them in the parts list.

Might worth a try?

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 11.0.2.7 Mach Designer
on Win7 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Do the missing components have the part attribute PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER or PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY set? 

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Creator
Creator

I looked up the Part Attributes, PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER and PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY  both have <no value> next to them but REFERENCE_COMPONENT had nothing.  I deleted REFERENCE_COMPONENTfrom the list and it now shows it with <no value>.  Now the part shows up in the parts list.  I'm still learning NX and altered that attribute while exploring.

Problem solved.

Thanks!

Creator
Creator

Now that I've worked through Dave's suggestion I see what you're saying.  So the attribute REFERENCE_COMPONENT had an empty value and prevented it from being included in the parts list, though I don't understand why yet.  Those attributes showing <No Value> in the list of attributes are provided from a template and not really a part of the attribute list untill I select it and select "Add New Attribute From Template".  Then the value shows as empty.

Thanks

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

From the NX help files:

"Any components that are present in the NX assembly for reference purposes and that should not form part of the Structure Manager BOM (e.g., jigs, fixtures, etc.) have to be marked as such. This is done by adding a component attribute with the title REFERENCE_COMPONENT. The value of this attribute does not matter."

Especially note that last bit: "The value of this attribute does not matter." If the attribute is activated, even with an empty string as a value, it takes effect. When the attribute is inherited from your template part, it has "no value"; i.e. the attribute will have no effect on the component in the assembly.

Creator
Creator

Thanks for the explanation, that helps a great deal.

Jim