Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Part name in balloon

Pioneer
Pioneer

On the balloon window I did have to change the scale to fit.

Changing the scale will not have any effect on any balloons already placed, only ones placed after making that change.

Yes, one would have to change that each time if you don't want any empty space in the balloon.

I have not seen anything that will autofit.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Mark-J,

thank you for the confirmation. It's time for an ER.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @TimF,

thank you for the confirmation. It's time for an ER.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Pioneer
Pioneer

I agree that this would be a great ER.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00,

Autosizing rounded boxes has already been requested in ER 1922070.  Please mention this ER# when you contact GTAC so that they can add you to the ER.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

@BenBroad,

Does that ER state, or is there an ER, for all Balloons to be Auto Sized and not just the rounded boxes?

@cubalibre00,

I would make sure of the above, then word the ER such that all Balloons be Auto Sized to fit the text.

-Tim

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @TimF, @cubalibre00,

ER 1922070 requests that ID symbols/balloons auto scale "even so with rounded box type":

ID-symbol/balloons (rounded box) do not "auto scale" when text is growing.

Short Description of desired enhancement:
When using Auto-balloons the text gets bigger than the balloon. The balloons should auto-size. (even so with rounded box type of flag)

What result are you trying to achieve?
Create proper balloons, which "auto size" to the text. The text should not exceed the balloon especially
balloon-type "rounded box".

Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision NX providing for this capability?
Enhance the auto balloon settings so that the balloon/rounded box autosizes according to the callout.

ER 1813834 asks for the ability to scale "ID symbols" size based on text size, so it might be more of a generic ER that you're looking for.

Regards, Ben