Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent hiding

PLM World Member Pioneer PLM World Member Pioneer
PLM World Member Pioneer

After hiding features, all new features hiding automatically.

This happens in two ways.

1. I have multiple feature types (sketches, extrudes, faces, planes) showing and I only want to show the main solid body I'm working with, so I use Edit>Show and Hide, then hide all. Then I right click on a feature (such as extrude) and show the body I'm working with. Now I want to add an extrude, so I create my sketch and now I can't see the lines of the sketch as I'm creating them. I have to either go to show and hide and show sketches or finish the extrude and (which by the way hides the extrude as well) and right click on the extrude and show.

2. This also happens the same way if I use the curser and left click drag and select everything. Anything I create after that is hidden.

Any ideas?

NX 9.0.3.4
16 REPLIES

Re: Persistent hiding

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Rather than show/hide, you could use layers, then turn layers on/off as needed

e.g. main solid on layer 1

aux/construction solids on layers 10-20

sketches on layer 21-30

datums on layer 31-40

of whatever...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

PLM World Member Pioneer

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't have this issue until recently though. My coworkers are not getting the same results. I looked in customer defaults and can't find anything pertaining to show and hide.

NX 9.0.3.4

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I do not know what version of Nx you are using  (Edit) I see the version now sorry but there is a command called delete body.  Instead of show hide layers you can use delete body and get rid of them for good with this being history supported. 

PLM World Member Pioneer

I'm not looking to get rid of anything. What I am trying to do is hide say all my datums, curves, sketches, and any other clutter. The problem is if I hide (all) of a specific feature type and then go to create a feature like the ones I just hid, I can't see it.

Try this:

1. Hide all sketches and bodies or hide all.

2. Create an extrude built from a sketch inside said extrude.

Can you see the lines as you create the sketch? I cannot.

This works correctly only if I hide each individual feature which is very tedious and time consuming.

NX 9.0.3.4

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
Ah ok. I see the line as I create the sketch. Does this happen on all parts?

PLM World Member Pioneer

Yes it does. I still have not found a solution.

NX 9.0.3.4

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Are you using an officially supported (by Siemens) graphics card and driver? Some strange things happen with off-brand or "integrated" graphics.

PLM World Member Pioneer

Yes. Dell M4600 workstation with Nvidia Quadro 1000M. It may be a driver issue. The IT dept. is quite slow at keeping updates current.

NX 9.0.3.4

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Since it is supported hardware, I'd suggest that you open an incident report with GTAC. They should be able to help you track down what is happening.