Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place an angle dimension to a point?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In the sketch environment, is it possible to place an angle dimension to a point (like you can in SE, shown below)?  It doesn't appear so, but thought it worth asking.  Thanks.

dimension_to_point.png

8 REPLIES

Re: Place an angle dimension to a point?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I don't think so.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks John. That's what I thought but just wanted to be sure.

Siemens Phenom

While creating angular dimension by default selection mode is objects with which point selection is not available. But using the selection mode Vectors and Objects it is possible to create dimension as you shown in the image. I have recorded the video for the same.

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Phenom

Were you creating that 'Dimension' in the context of a Drawing or as part of a Parametric Sketch, which is what the OP was asking for?

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Siemens Phenom

I missed that completely Smiley Sad

Thanks John for correcting me and you answered it already.

Regards,
Ganesh

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

One option would be to create a reference line in the sketch and create the angular dimension between the line and reference line. The circle can be constrained to the end point of the reference line.

Siemens Phenom

This is indeed the only way to do it. Create a reference line from the origin of the sketch. In NX 11.0.1 the reference line will be invisible when you finish the sketch.

Regards, **bleep**

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the responses.  

Yes, my question was in regard to the sketch environment (not draft, which appears to have more options for doing this).  

I knew I could use a reference line, which is probably a clearer way of doing this.  But I generally like to keep my sketches as uncluttered as possible, so was wondering if I could avoid that.  Not a big deal, but would be a nice feature for NX to have at some point.  I actually used it a lot in SE.