Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot on printer

Builder
Builder

How to configute this printer for plot - NX11?

HP LaserJet M402dne

8 REPLIES

Re: Plot on printer

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

not sure...but do you get some help from this old thread ?

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Customer-NX-CAD/...

Regards

Kapil

Builder
Builder
Page not found.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Builder
Builder

Thanks, but It did not help. The printer has: HP PCL 5, HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, direct PDF (v1.7) printing, URF, PCLM, PWG.

Not PCL 3.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I would try starting with an HP model on the list, with PS (postscript) or HPGL/2, and modify as needed, to work for your model.  It will take some trial and error testing.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Experimenter
Experimenter

gajdos,

Although the plotter accepts PCL5, you should still be able to drive it from NX using a PCL3 configuration which creates RTL with PCL header.

As DaveK mentioned, PostScript should also work although I would doubt HPGL2 would work.

Let us know if this is still a problem.

Thanks,

Guy

Builder
Builder

PCL3 configuration does not work.
PostScript working, but is necessary download universal postript driver for HP printer. It is complicated.

All new HP printer support PCL6, but NX11 not.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Sorry to hear that. As NX11 plotting creates PostScript output which is then spooled to the printer, I'm surprised to hear that the driver itself makes a difference as no processing should occur at the driver level.

Glad it's working for you though - we're working to improve PCL support in future versions of NX.