Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Datum Plane Grid Lines

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm trying to plot some templates of composite plies, but with overlayed Datum Plane Grid lines in NX9.   I can print Current Displayed with the shading option, but if I print to a laser printer or try to plot to my large format plotter in B&W, all I get is the perimeter of the grid, not the interior lines.  I played around with a lot of different check boxes and settings (though by all means not thousands of combinations) to no avail.   I would imagine this is some sort of visibility or line weight issue within the plot funtion.  I didn't seen anything in the Datum creation itself, though that might be it too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Mark

4 REPLIES

Re: Plotting Datum Plane Grid Lines

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Neither grid points nor line can be plotted.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but this is what I'm trying to plot (or something like this at least), not the blue grid lines that you can turn on and off.   Not being able to plot this not an acceptable answer. 

Capture.PNG

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

At a previous employer, we created a "grid" as a component, which itself contained 3 compents, x-y grid, y-z grid, and x-z grid.  So we could add it to which ever drawings required it.  The components had multiple reference sets for the grid size too.

This could be an option?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that makes the most sense for the majority of applications.   What makes even better sense is to have my $25,000 CAD package do it for me, but that's another story.  I think I'll report it as a bug, like I did with the STP/STEP import issue a few years ago. 

What I get are DXF flattened plies from my customer out of CATIA, then import them and plot out full-size templates.  The grid just allows us to orient to the fabric.  It might just be as easy to intersect with some parallel planes.

Good luck this weekend.  (I'll probalby limit my watching-time to Monaco, however)

Mark

www.3dyn.com

San Diego, CA