Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-up window behavior settings?

Genius
Genius

Could someone please tell me if there is a setting that will change the behavior of a pop-up window (please see attached file)?  When working in NX, this window will pop-up by the cursor and be in the way of me trying to make selections on the screen.  I'll have to move the view or move the pop-up window to get it out of the way.  Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Pop-up window behavior settings?

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hit F3 (keep hitting F3 if you need to get it back).

You can't disable it, but you can increase the delay of the dialog in the Customer Defaults.
Drafting > General/Setup > Workflow (tab) > Pause Delay for On-Screen Dialog.

Regards, Ben

Genius
Genius

Alright, thanks.  I was hoping that I could at least set a distance that it has to be away from the cursor.  Right now, it hovers over the cursor like an irritating mosquito and I have to keep moving it out of the way.  I'll review what you mentioned about delay it.  Thanks again.

Experimenter
Experimenter

How do I make it so all dialogue boxes (chevrons) are opened (dropped down) every time they are launched.  We recently had a maintenance pack roll-out, and they collapsed a ton of them and its a serious pain to have to open them every time.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Installing an NX maintenance release (or pack) should not affect your dialog layouts.  Deleting the role and the dialog memory file would, which are located here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Siemens\NX<version>\

The following preference will display all dialogs in their "More" state, however, you may have to delete your role and dialog memory file to get this to work on all dialogs:

Screenshot - 12_7_2017 , 7_21_42 AM.png

Regards, Ben