Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate Title Block List Filtering

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have a drawing template that consists of a number of sheets o f varying configuration depending on the separate operation to manufacture the part that the sheet defines.

Many of these are tables that I have turned into title blocks.  I intend to edit using the Populate Title Block command.

However, when you are viewing one sheet and want to populate the details in its title blocks only, you get a long list of every entry in the entire drawing template.

Is there any way to restrict the list to the current sheet or any other filtering method?

As I employ this method across the template the list will get only longer.

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Populate Title Block List Filtering

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You can create separate title block objects, each with one or more tabular notes (use "Define Title Block" more than once).  Then when you right-click on a specific title block -> "populate", you will get just that titleblock's fields

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks Ken

Granted that works perfectly. What I didn't mention was that in the template I have title blocks on visible only layers to stop users accidentally dragging title blocks around the drawing sheet or easily editing the definition.
I position them via the origin tool but don't know if this can be locked?

From what I know, you can't lock down the position.

But once set up, the titleblock tabular notes DO move with the borders if you change the drawing sheet size.

I ended up doing the following:

- All info in the titleblock is driven by attributes.  NO field is (directly) "user editable"

- I wrote an API program to lead the user thru filling out the data (via setting/clearing attributes).  This also sets default values (e.g. tolerances) depending on what group the user is in.

- I wrote another API program so that only certain users are allowed to use the "Define Title Block" / "Edit Definition" functions, to prevent users from "playing" with it (yes, we have had users change the title block, because they didn't like something).

- There's a bunch of menuscript involved to get the API programs to be used.

Not for the faint of heart, but hopefully easier for users to deal with...

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@Ken_A wrote:

You can create separate title block objects, each with one or more tabular notes (use "Define Title Block" more than once).  Then when you right-click on a specific title block -> "populate", you will get just that titleblock's fields

So, this got me thinking, could this be made into a "revision column"?  I'm not sure how you would easily add rows though.   Siemens needs to do something for this.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

I leave the revision block as a standard tabular note as (as you mention) you can't add rows.

My "populate title block" API then has an option to add rows to the revision block with basic info (depending on the type of revision) for the user.

I did write an API that, if the user changes the sheet size, it finds the revision block (and parts list) and moves them for the user.